Cajun Potato Salad
Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 10 min. • Cook: 15 min. • Serves: 4-6
- 1 ½ lbs. Biggins® potatoes, scrubbed, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped (green part only)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and chopped
- Ground red pepper for garnish, optional
In a medium saucepan on medium-high heat, combine salt, potatoes and enough water to cover the potatoes. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10-15 minutes or until desired tenderness. While potatoes are cooking, prepare the dressing.
In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, mustard, relish and Tabasco sauce. Stir to combine and set aside.
Drain the potatoes when they are done cooking. Allow to cool before making the salad. In a serving bowl, add the potatoes, red pepper, green onions, boiled egg and dressing. Toss to combine. Garnish with red pepper, if desired.
Keep refrigerated and serve chilled.