Golden Sweet Scalloped Potatoes
Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 15 min. • Cook: 70 min. • Serves: 6-8
- 1 ½ lbs. Biggins® potatoes, scrubbed, peeled, sliced and placed in cold water
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced and placed in cold water
- 1 ½ c. half and half
- ¼ stick butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh Italian parsley or 1 ½ tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh rosemary or 1 ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh sage or 1 ½ tsp. dried sage
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh thyme or 1 ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¾ tsp. black pepper
- 1 ¼ c. grated Gruyere cheese, packed (may substitute Swiss or white cheddar)
Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Butter 9x13-inch baking pan.
In a medium saucepan on medium-high heat, combine cream, butter and garlic. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
In a small bowl, combine parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt and pepper and set aside. Drain potatoes and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
Mix potato varieties and place half of the potatoes in the baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the herb mixture and half of the grated cheese. Repeat with remaining potatoes, herb mixture and grated cheese. Pour cream mixture over potatoes, making sure to cover the entire surface. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until top is golden brown, about 30-40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve hot.