Potatoes with Green Chile-Cilantro Salsa
Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 15 min. • Cook: 10-15 min. • Serves: 4-6
- 1 ½ lbs. Biggins® potatoes, scrubbed, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp. cider vinegar, divided
- 2 fresh jalapeños, seeds and ribs removed
- Juice from ½ fresh lime
- 1 c. fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped (or ¼ c. onion)
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
In a saucepan, cover potatoes with water, add salt and boil potatoes for about 13-17 minutes, or until tender. Do not cook through or potatoes will fall apart.
While potatoes cook, coarsely chop jalapeños and pulse in a food processor with lime juice, cilantro, shallots, garlic, oil and remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar until finely chopped.
Drain potatoes and rinse under cold water until slightly cooled. Cut into bite size pieces while still warm and gently toss with 1 tablespoon vinegar. Cool potatoes to room temperature.
When potatoes are cool, toss with pepper mixture and serve.