Sausage Potato Salad
Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 10 min. • Cook: 15 min. • Serves: 4-6
- 1 ½ lbs. Biggins® potatoes, scrubbed, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 shallots, finely chopped or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley or 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 3 tbsp. dry white wine
- 6 oz. sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp. fresh thyme leaves or ¾ tsp. dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a medium saucepan on medium-high heat, combine salt, potatoes and enough water to cover the potatoes. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10-15 minutes, or until desired tenderness.
While potatoes are cooking, prepare vinaigrette and dressing. In a small bowl, add shallots, parsley and white wine. Stir to combine and set aside.
In another small bowl, add Dijon mustard, vinegar, olive oil and thyme. Whisk vigorously to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
When potatoes are done cooking, drain and place in a serving bowl. While potatoes are still warm, add vinaigrette. Toss to incorporate ingredients and add sausage. Add dressing and toss to coat potatoes and sausage.
May serve at room temperature or chilled.