Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 60 min. • Cook: 60 min. • Serves: 8-10
- 3 lbs. Biggins® potatoes, scrubbed, but not peeled
- 6 large cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 ½ c. low-fat cottage cheese
- ½ c. reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced
- ½ c. shredded Cheddar cheese, preferably extra-sharp
- ¼ tsp. paprika
Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Lightly coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the potatoes are barely tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes. Peel the potatoes and shred them into a large bowl; set aside.
Squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins into a food processor. Add cottage cheese and process until completely smooth. Add sour cream, salt and pepper and process briefly to combine. Add the cottage cheese mixture and scallions to the shredded potatoes and mix well. Turn into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with Cheddar and paprika. Bake until golden brown, 30-40 minutes.