Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 15 min. • Cook: 30 min. • Serves: 4-5
- 1 ½ lbs. Biggins® potatoes, scrubbed, peeled and cut into ¾-inch chunks
- 1 can (14 oz.) nonfat, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. water
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 3 c. coarsely chopped green cabbage
- ¾ c. finely chopped onion
- 8 oz. smoked chicken or turkey sausage, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ½ c. 1% milk (about)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In 3-quart saucepan, cover potatoes with broth and water; add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat, cover and cook until potatoes are tender, 12-15 minutes. Set aside.
Meanwhile, heat oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add cabbage and onion. Sauté 10 minutes, tossing occasionally. Add sausage; continue to sauté, about 10 minutes, tossing occasionally, until vegetables and sausage begin to brown. Add carrot; set aside. With slotted spoon, remove about ¾ cup potato pieces and add to skillet.
In electric blender, blend remaining potatoes and liquid until smooth, being careful to hold blender lid down with kitchen towel; return to saucepan. Add contents of skillet; mix in enough milk for consistency desired. Heat to simmering. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.