Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 20 min. • Cook: 4-8 hours • Serves: 8
- 1 ½ lbs. Biggins® potatoes, scrubbed, peeled and cubed
- 3 lbs. beef, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 celery ribs, cut in ½-inch pieces
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 leek, cut in ½-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- ½ c. flour
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided (Will use only half if not braising the meat)
- 2 tbsp. Minute® tapioca
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
Combine flour, salt and pepper in plastic bag. Add beef and shake to coat beef pieces. Place beef in slow cooker or proceed to next step if braising. If you are braising the beef: In large sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place on medium-high heat, add beef and sauté 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place in bottom of slow cooker.
Once beef is in slow cooker, add potatoes on top and set aside.
In large sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place on medium-high heat and add leeks, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, thyme leaves and tapioca. Sauté for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour over potatoes in slow cooker and top with tomatoes. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 5 hours. If you have braised the meat, cook on HIGH for 4 hours. The meat will be more tender if braised.