Apricot Orange Chicken
Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 10 min. • Cook: 4-8 hours • Serves: 6
- 1 ½ lbs. Biggins® potatoes, scrubbed, peeled and cubed
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ c. low-sugar apricot jam
- ¾ c. orange juice
- ¼ c. plus 2 tbsp. dry red wine
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tsp. garlic powder, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Coat inside of slow cooker with cooking spray; place three chicken breasts on bottom and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon garlic powder and salt and pepper. Place remaining breasts on top of these breasts and sprinkle with remaining garlic powder and salt and pepper.
In small bowl, combine apricot jam, orange juice, lemon juice, red wine, brown sugar and the cornstarch. Stir until the cornstarch is dissolved. Pour half of mixture over the chicken. Add the potatoes and pour remaining sauce over potatoes. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.