Mexican-Style Pork and Sweet Potato Stew
Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 20 min. • Cook: 6-7 hours • Serves: 4
- 1 small green pepper- use a small poblano chile
- 1 lb. lean pork loin, boneless pork roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ c. canned chicken broth
- 1 Biggin's® sweet potato, scrubbed, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 ½ oz.) diced tomatoes, fire-roasted, undrained
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. table salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
Turn on a stovetop burner and place poblano chile over open flame; carefully turn to char on all sides. Place poblano in a plastic or paper bag; close bag and set aside 10 minutes to steam. Rub poblano skin off with hands under cold running water; core, seed and dice poblano. (Note: If you have an electric range, broil poblano on high, 3 inches from flame, turning occasionally, until charred on all sides. Follow remaining directions above).
Place pork in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add broth, sweet potato, onion, poblano chile, tomatoes, cumin, salt and pepper; stir. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 6-7 hours. Add lime juice and stir well.
Recipe courtesy of www.SweetPotatoes.com