Sweet Potato Quesadillas
Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 15 min. • Cook: 6 min. per quesadilla • Serves: 4
- 2 Biggin's® sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 package of 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 c. Cheddar Jack Shredded Cheese
- Fine sliced green onions, to taste
- Vegetable Oil, as needed
- Sour Cream, optional for serving
- Guacamole, optional for serving
Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into ¼-inch pieces to make slabs, discarding ends. Lightly brush sweet potato slabs with oil and grill until sweet potato is soft, but not mushy. Allow potatoes to cool slightly, then dice into ¾-inch pieces. Place diced sweet potatoes on the flour tortilla. Top with cheese, green onion and another tortilla.
Place on a lightly oiled griddle or nonstick pan and cook until light brown and crisp (about 4-5 minutes). Turn over carefully and cook the other side (about 2 minutes). When finished, remove from pan and cut into serving pieces. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Serve with Sour Cream and Guacamole, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of www.SweetPotatoes.com