Blue Cheese Sweet Potato Spread
Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 10 min. • Cook: 15 min. • Serves: 3-4
- 1 Biggin's® sweet potato, scrubbed, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ c. gorgonzola or Danish blue cheese crumbles
- ½ c. toasted pecans, chopped very fine
- Pinch of salt
- Crackers, carrot sticks or pita wedges for dipping
Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
Steam, boil or cook sweet potatoes with a bit of water in the microwave until tender (steaming generally takes about 10 minutes, boiling takes about 8 minutes and microwaving with water takes about 5 minutes). Next, drain the sweet potatoes and run cold water over them.
Toast pecans on a baking sheet for 5-6 minutes, watching carefully so they don’t burn. Let pecans cool. Put pecans in food processor and pulse until fairly fine. Add sweet potato, cheeses and salt to the pecans in the processor. Pulse until smooth. Serve with crackers, carrot sticks, or pita wedges.
Recipe courtesy of www.SweetPotatoes.com