Black Bean Sweet Potato Stew
Share this recipe with others: Tweet
Prep: 10 min. • Cook: 4-8 hours • Serves: 4
- 1 can (15 oz.) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans (organic if possible)
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 Biggin's® sweet potato, scrubbed, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Salt and pepper (try smoked sea salt)
- Garnishes: avocado, pepitos (pumpkin seeds), cilantro, non-fat Greek yogurt
Preheat oven to 325-degrees. Place first four ingredients in an oven proof, lidded casserole dish. Stir to combine. Add the spices and stir to combine. Bake covered for 1-1 ½ hours. Top with garnishes and serve.
Note: You can also cook in a slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
Recipe courtesy of www.SweetPotatoes.com